Hello Everyone, how are you doing? Hope everyone is doing fine.
As anyone else, we have a life outside the blogging community that can be pretty hectic.
Life has caught up with me, having plenty of stuff to do and finish (alongside with reading THOUSAND of books sitting on my TBR list). Therefore, I’m taking a tiny break (probably two weeks or so) just until I’m done with what I’ve got going on.
It didn’t feel right to make scheduled posts (mainly because I’m lazy just like that..😅) but I’ll definitely stay around and take a sneak peek whenever I can, commenting and responding to comments.
What are your plans/reading this week?
Have a good time.
To me, May was sorta long and I haven’t done much reading as i usually do, all thanks to my reading slump (note the sarcasm) that i think im finally getting over.
Books I Read:
Children of Vice – JJ McAvoy
Letters from an Ex wife
Everything Everything – Nicola Yoon
Sadly, only three books are what I was able to actually read.. I enjoyed the read to be honest, but Children of Vice was what i love the most.
I also did post reviews about books I’ve read long before, hope you enjoy checking them.
Goodreads Challenge Progress:
I set a goal to read 60 books this year and by now I had finished 32. That puts me 7 books ahead of schedule. 32/60
Grab a FREE copy of For Fallon on May 13 -17:
Meet the alpha killers who love hard and at all costs in the first book of Chicago Syndicate series by Soraya Naomi.
How are you doing today? having a good day? I hope you all do 🙂
So, I was tagged by the awesome Whispers of Thoughts (you totally should be checking her out if you haven’t already 😉 ). Thank you for nominating me!!
Now let’s get started.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 10 bloggers for the award and provide links to their blog.
7 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:
- I love photography and travel (although I haven’t traveled much, especially not outside the country I live in lol)
- I have a baby tortoise as a pet
- I’m a college graduate
- I’m an animal/reptiles lover
- I’m short, I’m regularly mistaken for a teenager.
- I often read on my phone/kindle (often as in 96% of the time, i don’t own much physical books…I’m broke, what can i do xD)
- I used to be a kpopper (now, just listening to some SuJu and LOTS of electro swing)
(You can totally ignore this one if you don’t feel like doing it)
Dez @The Fun In Reading Books
Poulami @Daydreaming Books
A Book. A Thought
Beatrice @Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
Ashley @Socially Awkward Bookworm
Marie @Drizzle and Hurricane Books
Kourtni @Kourtni Reads
Mikaela @The well-thumbed Reader
Keeper of Pages
Have a good day y’all
Sadly, I won’t be doing any new book reviews as of now due to a reading slump… I’ll more likely be reviewing some books I’ve read long time ago.
Do you happen to find yourself not reading as you used to for day, weeks..and even months?
I have gone through some short-term reading slumps and easily gotten over it. Well, not this one apparently.
I’m in a romance/YA reading slump. That is a “no, not good” for me since that’s what I read and enjoy most of the time (95% if I must admit). This makes me worried if I’m being honest here.
Reading slump, as you may or may not know, is when you feel picking up a book feels like a 60 pound weight. One night/day of no reading turns into weeks since you’ve last read anything. They’re they worst UGH!!!!
It happens to the best and most devoted of us, it seems like you just can’t shake the lack of motivation to read (even if you’re a die-hard bookworm who dreams of having Belle‘s huge library)
After surfing around the internet and reading about others experience, here are some tactics I’ll be trying myself:
- Take a break!! Sometimes, all you really need to do is to take a break from the written word.
- Switch to a new genre and try a taste of something new.
- Goodread is my buddy to check for new titles and ideas that might hook me up.
- Re-read an old favorite (oldie but goldie).
- Read something short and light.
Have you ever gone through a reading slump? How did you break out of it?
Enjoy your day, and happy reading 🙂